Friday, April 07, 2017

March (sort of)

In no particular order, here's our end of February/March/very beginning of April:

We had a visit from some Indiana friends 
(our oldest boys met in preschool...preschool! And look at them now). 
 Kevin took a boys' trip to Georgia for his Spring Break. It wasn't very spring-y, but it was a break. 
 Kevin built me 2 raised beds and I am so excited! We haven't lived long enough in one place for me to feel like we can put down some (literal) roots and I have been wanting to try my hand at gardening for awhile. This is just an experiment, but hopefully it will turn into something good. 
 My mom and sisters and I stayed at an Air B&B in Indianapolis for 2 nights. We relaxed, did a craft, watched movies, ate, laughed, talked, prayed, and read scripture together. It was good for my soul to be with them. 
 While the boys were in Georgia, Ada and I used a gift card and had a girls' date at PF Changs. I love her. And we both loved the food:) 
We also did some window shopping at the mall. Ada had a list of all the stores she wanted to check out. This girl knows what she wants. 
 There was much enthusiasm, matched with equal despair when Louisville played in the NCAA Tournament. We were sad to see them get knocked out. Oliver has become a huge fan and knows all the players on the team. 
 We passed around a virus that left at least 1 kid home with me for several days. Mickey was thrilled to have someone to sit with. 
 Since Kevin and I are AU senior class sponsors, we had to go to the Junior/Senior Formal. We don't look like college students, but I wouldn't trade where we are for the allure of youth:) 
 I wasn't going to pay for school pictures anyway, but I could have at least made Oliver look a little more presentable for picture day...He thought the picture turned out great. 
 Spring break left us with time to lay around and hang out with neighborhood friends, and visit the Old Kentucky Chocolate factory. Free samples+amazing chocolate+occupied children=winning. 

No comments: